Our selection in Pauillac
Château Batailley, 5th Cru from the 1855 ranking, Borie-Manoux and the Castéja family. The name is derived from the battle that took place where the castle and the vineyard are today during the hundred years war around 1453. In this battle, the French reconquered the neighboring castle, Latour, of the English, a crucial factor. point to end 300 years of rule of the English in Aquitaine.
In the 16th century, the first vines were planted on these historic lands. The vineyard is located on the beautiful gravel plateau in front of the Castle. It is this soil of great gravity that produces these superb grapes. The 6-hectare park of Château Batailley was designed by Barillet-Deschamps, the architect of Napoleon III's park, in 1850. In 1855, Napoleon III created the Médoc Grands Crus Classés classification. And Batailley was knighted Grand Cru Classé. Batailley is a classic and a very typical Pauillac, often with cassis flavors and a very good structure.
The Château Batailley wine is dark ruby in color, well built, which ensures a long life.
- Château Batailley - Cru Classé
- Château Haut Bages Monpelou
- Coffret Château Batailley XXI's - 03,05,09,15,16
- Coffret Château Batailley XXI's - 47,49,61,62,82,89
- Coffret Château Batailley XXI's - 47,52,61,70,82,96
- Coffret Château Batailley XXI's - 70,75,82,89,90,96
- Coffret Château Batailley XX's - 49,55,61,75,82,96
- Lions de Batailley