Historically, Château Lynch-Moussas belonged to Count Lynch. The property was, until the 19th century, composed of 3 large plateaux: Madrac, Moussas and Bages.
In 1835, the Lynch estate was divided into two: Château Lynch-Bages and Château Lynch-Moussas.
These two properties will be recognized by the classification of 1855 as Grand Cru Classé
At the beginning of the 20th century, Lynch-Moussas was bought by the Castéja family, who also owned Château Duhart-Milon at that time. It was not until 1970 that Emile Castéja inherited the property and took over its management.