Quinta do Vallado, established in 1716, is one of the oldest and most famous estates in the Douro Valley.
It is located on the banks of the Corgo River, a tributary of the Douro River, right next to its mouth and close to the town of Peso da Régua.
It belonged to the legendary Dona Antónia Adelaide Ferreira and remains to this day in the hands of her descendants.
"Vinha da Coroa" is located on one of the highest locations at Quinta do Vallado, like a crown over all other vineyards. Thus its name, "Coroa".