Client mode activated Change client

Clos Puy Arnaud
Clos Puy Arnaud 2006
Côtes de Castillon - A.O.C.
Other vintages available

  • Wooden case of 1 - 300 cl
CHF 245.00
Wooden case of 1 - 300 cl
Add to the basket
Grape variety Merlot
Cabernet Franc
Cabernet Sauvignon
Soil Layer of the hardest type of limestone
Ageing 7 months in barrels and then 12 months in cement vats
Production 29'000 bottles


Vineyards : The « terroir » is distinctive, 80% of the estate being on the plateau, characterised by a thin layer of the hardest type of limestone known locally as « calcaire à astéries ». The remaining 20% is situated on the slopes below the plateau. Altitude is between 75 and 100 meters with a remarkable orientation, very good ventilation and day long luminosity. The vineyard viticulture is both organic (AB Label) and biodynamic (Biodyvin and Demeter Labels).

Vinification : The transfer of intact fruit into the vats is achieved solely by gravity. Maceration and pre fermentation is achieved at low temperatures by introducing an inert gas into the vats (vats : 50% wood, 50 % cement). Fermentation is undertaken by the use of indigenous yeasts and temperature is controlled to less than 25°C. The wine is matured for approximately 7 months in barrels (25% new wood, 75% barrels of 1 and 2 years old) and then 12 months in cement vats.

Press briefings


Jancis Robinson


Gault & Millau


Please input a key word


Please input a key word

It seems that an item in your basket is not available anymore. Your basket has been updated accordingly